David Armano and I met for the first time in the support group Bloggers Anonymous...
...but we've broken our code of confidentially and agreed to take our confessions public. Our goal here is not to embarrass or ridicule, but to help others like ourselves through their own pain:
10. You check your blog stats a LOT. You occasionally get up in the middle of the night and sneak a peak.
9. Your significant other suspects you are having an affair with your blog. Even when you're alone with your special person, you do find yourself thinking what your blog might be doing right then–
8. You "mental blog" while driving or on the train, and sometimes even when you are alone in the shower.
7. You filter everything through your post-writing. You can't watch a movie, see a play, read an article, or share a sweet moment with your child without thinking of whether it's blog-worthy.
6. You suffer from "blog envy" when another blogger posts something juicy before you do. You suffer "comment envy" when said post gets 40-something comments .... the jerk!
5. You "binge blog" 3 or 4 posts at once–only to feel guilty and empty afterward.
4. You ditched all your real friends for blog friends, because, well, "they understand." You bypass Bowling Alone at the bookstore (who really cares?) while you reach for Naked Conversations.
3. You think, "I can stop at any time."
2. Your lunch hour has become your "blog hour." You keep a few posts tucked in your desk in case you need them during the day.
1. After 5 minutes of meeting someone really interesting you ask, "So - do you blog?"
This post was co-written with David Armano.
Oh, boy. The dreaded sign up form.
Before you run for the hills, we wanted to let you know that MarketingProfs has thousands of marketing resources, including this one (yes, the one behind this sign up form), entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may also like:
- Do Most B2B Marketers Gate Content?
- A Podcast Within a Podcast Within a Podcast: Inception Marketing With Lindsay Tjepkema on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- B2B Content Marketing Report: Benchmarks, Budgets, Trends, and COVID-19 Response
- Effective Content Types for Each Stage of the Buyer's Journey [Infographic]
- Beyond Content Marketing: 10 Steps to Real ROI With Content Operations