When I was a kid growing up in the '70s, and my parents' friends would ask me the inevitable question, "So, what do you want to be when you grow up?" I would look them square in the eye and say definitively, "I want to be a blogger"....
Well, that's not entirely true. I did go through a period, when I was about 8 or 9, of wanting to be a vet, until my mother pointed out the inherent limitations of a veterinarian who accepted appointments only with cute, healthy dogs under a year old. That, and I was rather shy–so I never actually looked an adult square in the eye. Truth be told, I never spoke to them, either....
...This is the start to my "blogger story" told to the lovely and talented Toby Bloomberg, who is also a Daily Fix contributor. You can read the rest of the story on how I invented blogging here.
While you are there, cruise around Blogger Stories, which are the stories of many smart bloggers, including our own Mack Collier, David Armano, Tris Hussey, Debbie Weil, and many more...
My one complaint: Toby -- where's your story, Sistah?
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- 15 Tools to Boost Your YouTube Marketing
- Relationships, Relevance, and Content Marketing for Banks: Shondell Varcianna on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How 'Tangential Content' Can Elevate Your B2B Company's Link-Building
- How to Use Video for Every Stage of the Sales Funnel
- How to Make Product Videos That Actually Drive Sales (Article 1 of 3)