The boys and girls over at MediaPost report that Verizon is planning to launch a "no-holds-barred blog" by the end of the year....
What does that mean? Either that Verizon wants to start a dialogue with their customers or that it's open season on one of the nation's largest wireless carriers. They claim that they want to hear what you have to say and .... get this .... are putting together a team that will respond to your comment within 24 hours. Impressive.
It's a very bold step by a very big company. And I'm going to give them credit for having the guts to do it. Jerri Devard (SVP of brand) is a very brave soul. And maybe that she realizes that when a company puts itself out there and decides to become a part of the conversation, they will win some fans.
Now we'll all sit back (with a lot of Fortune 500s, I'm sure) and watch to see if this is a fantastic idea or a phenomenal disaster. Either way, Verizon deserves some kudos.
Continue reading "Verizon Grows a Pair" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- How to Build Trust With Data Visualization: Caroline Jerome on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How Employee Advocacy Can Improve Your Content Marketing Performance
- Storytelling in B2B: Bobby Lehew on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- No Time to Create Content? Turn One Webinar Into Nine Marketing Pieces in Less Than 14 Days... Without Killing Yourself
- A 17-Step Process for Creating High-Performing Articles [Infographic]