Ann Handley, bored senseless by the ponderous copy, created a facetious multiple-choice quiz daring Daily Fix readers to decipher what the company actually does:
- Something with technology.
- Something with marketing.
- It helps marketing and sales organizations more effectively work together.
- I have no idea, but does it involve dwarfs?
- Zzz... sorry, were you talking to me?
She provides the correct response—C—but assumes the thoughts of some readers might have lingered on the milquetoast tag line. "[M]aybe, instead of picking an answer," she notes, "you felt a little shock of recognition, because your own web site or blog or email copy is just as lifeless? Incomprehensible? Completely comatose?"
The Po!nt: Treat each component of your company's online marketing as an opportunity to tell a great story that leaves readers wanting more.
Source: MarketingProfs. Click here for the full article.
→ end article preview
Read the Full Article