To do search marketing right, it's best to send potential customers who click on your search-engine-generated links to a "jump" or landing page. This page is the gateway to your site, and should promote further action from your prospective clicker, be it to make a purchase or leave a name and number. So, how do you get the most out of a jump page? What's the secret to getting jumpers to click? In a recent MarketingProfs article, MarketingScoop.com's Michael Fleischner provided these tips:
- Catch the reader's attention with a big, bold headline that's relevant to his or her search. Test multiple jump pages at once to see which prove most relevant to browsers.
- Use visuals. Print a bunch of text, and you've lost their attention. Remember: pictures that tell a great story really are worth 1,000 words.
- Include testimonials. People like to buy based on other people's recommendations.
- Provide something for free in exchange for a name and email address, or a bonus gift with purchase.
- Create a sense of urgency with an offer only valid for a short time, or only available to a limited number of new registrants.
- Give users multiple options for how they pay, from credit cards to PayPal. Also, include a toll-free number for any questions.
- Be sure to test your control page in an effort to improve conversions each time.
The Po!nt: Jump to it! Use these tips to optimize your landing pages—to respond to and reward searchers who take the time to click.
Source: MarketingProfs. Click here to learn more.
→ end article preview
Read the Full Article