Creative thinking is a skill, not a talent. With a few simple techniques, just about everyone can come up with creative ideas. And, as with all skills, the more you practice... the better you get.
Here are six techniques to help you generate creative ideas.
1. Deep-dive, then back off
Set aside a defined stretch of time to soak up as much context and details as you can about your topic or challenge. Also: clarify in your head what you want to achieve; review the main challenges or issues; and seek out perspectives from other people.
But don't try to solve anything yet. Just focus on absorbing the information.
Then stop thinking about it.
You've prepared the ground and planted the seeds, now you need to give them time to germinate.
2. Prepare your mind
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Top 10 Video Trends [Infographic]
- Six Tips to Ensure Your B2B Content Marketing Efforts Are Not Wasted
- Why You Need to Produce Original Research: B2B Marketing Forum Speaker Clare McDermott on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The 7 Deadly Sins of B2B Content: GoToWebinar's Daniel Waas on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Three Less-Popular Content Marketing Tactics That Still Generate Traffic, Links, and Social Shares