Creative thinking is a skill, not a talent. With a few simple techniques, just about everyone can come up with creative ideas. And, as with all skills, the more you practice... the better you get.
Here are six techniques to help you generate creative ideas.
1. Deep-dive, then back off
Set aside a defined stretch of time to soak up as much context and details as you can about your topic or challenge. Also: clarify in your head what you want to achieve; review the main challenges or issues; and seek out perspectives from other people.
But don't try to solve anything yet. Just focus on absorbing the information.
Then stop thinking about it.
You've prepared the ground and planted the seeds, now you need to give them time to germinate.
2. Prepare your mind
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Align Sales and Content Marketing Teams
- Content Marketing Has Become Risky Business: How to Win in a Data-Driven World
- The Most Annoying Things About Brands' Content
- How to Integrate Influencer and Emotional Marketing to Improve Your Content Program
- Empathy Mapping for Marketing Content: What It Is and How to Do It Well