Choosing the right digital marketing agency for your B2B company may sound as overwhelming as making the calculations for an Apollo rocket launch. It may also feel as risky as space travel: If you've never done it, working with a B2B digital marketing agency is a bold exploration of unknown territories.
Still, many B2B companies turn to external marketing services. For some, the drive is the lack of in-house resources; for others, it's the need to innovate their marketing approach.
If you are considering collaborating with an external marketing partner, here are 10 of the most important questions you need to ask B2B agency. They can help you make sure your launch calculations are spot-on.
1. Do you have experience in our industry?
A digital marketing agency that has worked for companies in your vertical is more likely to know the ins and outs of your trade. You can minimize risk of failure by assessing their experience in your industry. If they are familiar with the language and keywords, value propositions, and customer behavior that are typical for your business, this will help them grasp your marketing needs faster and better.
Even if your potential partner doesn't have experience in your industry, it might still be a good idea to work with them if they can prove their qualifications. You need to ensure your agency of choice understands the intricacies of your business and that it can develop the needed skills quickly.
In any case, make sure you don't go for a marketing partner that's operating as a jack-of-all-trades. Otherwise, you risk a mediocre performance on their part, and dissatisfaction on yours.
2. Are your specialties a good fit for our marketing needs?
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Marketers and Retailers, Want to Survive the Holiday Season? Implement AI.
- A Seven-Step Guide to Creating a Successful Marketing Plan [Infographic]
- Two Great Tactics That Work Great Together, B2B Social Selling and ABM: LinkedIn's Ty Heath on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The State of Conversational Marketing: Online Customer Experience, Chatbots, Trends
- CDPs, DMPs, CRMs... Oh My! Which Data Solution Is Right for You? (A Guide for Marketers)