Brian Kurtz has been a direct marketing professional for 36 years. By studying legendary direct marketing practitioners, he has learned that the keys to their selling success apply to all marketing channels. And he co-wrote a book on the topic.
I recently had the chance to interview Brian.
"Everyone receives marketing messages differently," he told me. An older audience, for example, may be more inclined to receive marketing offers in their physical mailbox, whereas a person between 40 and 50 may prefer email.
Getting a response to your marketing, however, is what's most important.
Brian shared some key fundamentals for increasing response rates, including the importance of using multiple marketing channels.
Here is the full text of the interview.
Leslie DeLay: Hi, I'm Leslie DeLay, sitting here with Mr. Brian Kurtz, co-author of The Advertising Solution: Influence Prospects, Multiply Sales, and Promote Your Brand. Brian, welcome.
Brian Kurtz: Thanks, Leslie. Thanks for having me.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Let Stories Do the Heavy Lifting: StoryLeader Creator Chris Brogan on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- When Marketing Enters the Boardroom, How Can Agencies and Clients Respond?
- The Rise of Experiential Marketing: Beyond a Buzzword
- The State of B2B Account-Based Marketing
- Marketing 404 Errors: Six Marketing Stars Open Up About Their Mistakes (and What They Learned From Them) [Podcast]