Brian Kurtz has been a direct marketing professional for 36 years. By studying legendary direct marketing practitioners, he has learned that the keys to their selling success apply to all marketing channels. And he co-wrote a book on the topic.
I recently had the chance to interview Brian.
"Everyone receives marketing messages differently," he told me. An older audience, for example, may be more inclined to receive marketing offers in their physical mailbox, whereas a person between 40 and 50 may prefer email.
Getting a response to your marketing, however, is what's most important.
Brian shared some key fundamentals for increasing response rates, including the importance of using multiple marketing channels.
Here is the full text of the interview.
Leslie DeLay: Hi, I'm Leslie DeLay, sitting here with Mr. Brian Kurtz, co-author of The Advertising Solution: Influence Prospects, Multiply Sales, and Promote Your Brand. Brian, welcome.
Brian Kurtz: Thanks, Leslie. Thanks for having me.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Integrate Purpose Into Your B2B Content Strategy
- What CMOs Are Focusing On in 2019 [Infographic]
- How Brands Benefit by Using Virtual Reality to Engage Customers [Infographic]
- How to Clearly Articulate What You or Your Brand Do: Clarity Consultant Steve Woodruff on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Top Challenges Facing In-House Creative Teams