There's an elite cadre of CEOs out in the marketplace who have a clear advantage over their counterparts: CEOs with a marketing background.
The good news is their "secret sauce" advantage comes from understanding marketing, because that's knowledge any company leader can acquire.
Here's a look at what gives marketing-focused CEO's the leg up in the business world, and what you can learn from them.
A study presented at a recent American Marketing Association conference found that 25% of CEOs come from a marketing or sales background.
Does hiring a marketer CEO to run your business help ensure success? B2B companies seem to think so. According to the same study, 42% of B2B companies employ CEOs with marketing experience.
So, why do executives with sales and marketing expertise make effective CEOs, and what marketing-CEO insights can the other 75% learn and apply to their organizations?
Marketing CEOs Are Typically More Successful for Two Reasons
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Managing Momentum: Bounce Back From Setbacks and Procrastination [Infographic]
- How to Gain Influence and Effect Change: Four Skills Every Marketing Leader Needs
- How to Survive a Layoff or Furlough During the Pandemic [Infographic]
- Mindful Living for Marketers: MarketingProfs Founder Allen Weiss on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Average Age and Tenure of C-Suite Executives