There's an elite cadre of CEOs out in the marketplace who have a clear advantage over their counterparts: CEOs with a marketing background.
The good news is their "secret sauce" advantage comes from understanding marketing, because that's knowledge any company leader can acquire.
Here's a look at what gives marketing-focused CEO's the leg up in the business world, and what you can learn from them.
A study presented at a recent American Marketing Association conference found that 25% of CEOs come from a marketing or sales background.
Does hiring a marketer CEO to run your business help ensure success? B2B companies seem to think so. According to the same study, 42% of B2B companies employ CEOs with marketing experience.
So, why do executives with sales and marketing expertise make effective CEOs, and what marketing-CEO insights can the other 75% learn and apply to their organizations?
Marketing CEOs Are Typically More Successful for Two Reasons
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The 2019 Hiring Outlook for Marketing and Advertising Jobs
- CMOs Need to Focus to Survive: Three Priorities to Ditch and Three to Latch On To
- How to Speak Tech Jargon: A Hilarious Guide [Video and Flowchart]
- Is Working From Home Better?
- How Marketers Can Be Strategic Influencers, and Why Their Input Is Key for Companies [Infographic]