Even though people sometimes underestimate the effectiveness of out-of-home advertising, billboards are having a revival. Outdoor advertising was the only traditional advertising method that grew in 2018, according to Magna.
And, ironically, it's iconic tech companies—the likes of Google, Spotify, and Netflix—that are driving the resurgence.
Despite its recent growth, outdoor advertising today has to grab attention faster than ever before. Consumers are constantly bombarded with ads, and they have been conditioned to ignore or eliminate the "noise."
To stand out, companies are using billboards in creative, new ways to capture consumers' imagination, attention, and—ultimately—business.
Go beyond the billboard
This billboard for Mammoth Mountain ski resort is out of the box—literally. The creative designers didn't constrain themselves to the physical billboard, but grab attention by going beyond the board. The snowboarder floating above is unexpected and different letting this ad stand out. Using just a simple white/snow background and logo also help draw the eye.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- 50+ Retargeting Statistics Marketers Should Know [Infographic]
- How to Boost Your YouTube Strategy With Bumper Ads [Infographic]
- Super Bowl Viewers: Demographic, Device, and Ad Trends [Infographic]
- Halloween by the Numbers: 2019 Statistics for Marketers [Infographic]
- The Ins and Outs of Amazon Advertising (And Why You Should Try It): Timothy Seward on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]