Search, social-media, and Web-based email sites feature prominently in the top 15 US websites (among all categories) for July 2009.
Download the Excel file of the above data.
The Hitwise data featured here (Top 15 US Websites, July 2009) is based on US market share of visits, as defined by the IAB—the percentage of online traffic to the domain or category—from the Hitwise sample of 10 million US Internet users.
Hitwise measures more than 1 million unique websites daily, including sub-domains of larger websites. It categorizes websites into industries on the basis of subject matter and content, as well as market orientation and the competitive context.
The market-share-of-visits percentage of certain websites does not include traffic for all sub-domains that could be reported on separately.
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
Web Sites Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Web Sites:
- Speed It Up: What Frustrates Business Website Visitors
- 12 'Dark Patterns' That Websites Use to Trick Visitors [Infographic]
- The Ultimate Checklist of What Every Website Needs [Infographic]
- The Mind-Boggling Amount of Data Generated Online Every Minute [Infographic]
- How to Increase Leads: Effective Entry Points for Lead Magnet Signups
- The Secret Six-Ingredient Recipe for Perfectly Compliant Cookie Banners