Email and an organization's intranet are the most important communication tools for organizations to engage employees and foster productivity, but a growing number of employers now use social media to distribute company news to their employees, according to a study from the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) Research Foundation and Buck Consultants (an independent subsidiary of Xerox).
Organizations now rely on a wide range of tools to communicate with their employees, but most surveyed business communicators cite email (83%) and their intranets (75%) as the ones used most frequently.
One-third (33%) of business communicators say they use social media occasionally to communicate with their employees, and 12% use it frequently.
Below, other findings from the second annual Employee Engagement Survey of nearly 900 communications professionals.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Meet the Parennials (Millennial Parents)
- Super Bowl Viewers: Demographic, Device, and Ad Trends [Infographic]
- The Most Annoying Types of People on the Internet [Infographic]
- The Next Decade of E-Commerce: A Shift From Intent to Discovery
- The 2019 Holiday Shopping Season: Spend, Timing, and Channel Trends