Below, comScore's April ranking of the Top 50 US Web properties:
Top 50 Ad Focus Ranking
Google Ad Network led the April Ad Focus ranking with a reach of 91.6% of Americans online, followed by Yahoo Sites (87.4%), Yahoo Network Plus (83.6%), and AOL Advertising (83.6%).
Looking for great digital marketing data? MarketingProfs reviewed hundreds of research sources to create our most recent Digital Marketing Factbook (May 2010), a 296-page compilation of data and 254 charts, covering email marketing, social media, search engine marketing, e-commerce, and mobile marketing. Also check out The State of Social Media Marketing, a 240-page original research report from MarketingProfs.
Top 10 Gaining Site Categories
Earth Day accelerated traffic to Green Sites—the top-gaining site category for the second consecutive month—while interest in the royal wedding drove record traffic to Entertainment News Sites.
Among the top-gaining website categories in April:
- Green Sites attracted 26.4 million visitors, up 32% from March. Shine Green topped the category with 7.9 million visitors, up 364%. Planet Greet was second with 3.3 million visitors (up 15%), followed by Care2 with 2.0 million (up 11%) and Mother Nature Network with 1.8 million (up 24%). EnergyGuide attracted 918,000 (up 6%) and EPA.gov reached 916,000 (up 10%).
- Entertainment News Sites attracted an all-time high of 100.2 million visitors in April, up 5% from the previous month. Omg took the top spot with 29.1 million visitors (up 23%), followed by TMZ with 15.0 million, BuzzMedia Entertainment with 13.1 million (up 2%) and People with 12.8 million. Zimbio attracted nearly 10.2 million visitors (up 15%), followed by CNN Entertainment with 9.4 million and E Online with 8.3 million (up 10%).
Top 10 Gaining Properties
comScore also released April data on the top-gaining online properties, led by KeywordBlocks, MLB, and ShopAtHome:
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Web Sites:
- How Slow Website Load Times Impact Your Business [Infographic]
- Three Things Every Great SaaS Landing Page Does Right [Infographic]
- Speed It Up: What Frustrates Business Website Visitors
- 12 'Dark Patterns' That Websites Use to Trick Visitors [Infographic]
- The Ultimate Checklist of What Every Website Needs [Infographic]
- The Mind-Boggling Amount of Data Generated Online Every Minute [Infographic]