US B2B marketers are struggling to optimize their online marketing mix, with many unable to segment and target the right decision-makers or measure program success across the entire marketing funnel, according to the results of a survey developed and fielded by Crain's BtoB magazine and business audience marketing company Bizo.
Moreover, the sales cycle has lengthened for the plurality of B2B companies (43%), increasing pressure on Marketing to boost brand awareness to help deliver leads and effectively nurture them through a prolonged buying process, the study found.
Among the study's key findings:
- Only 40% of respondents say their online marketing mix is meeting the needs of the sales pipeline.
- One-third of respondents report their biggest online marketing challenge is accurately measuring and attributing online conversions to the correct marketing channels.
- Fully 79% say that differentiating on brand is a priority for their organization.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Marketing Agency Attributes Clients Value Most
- Reaching and Persuading Buyers at a Time of Crisis: What B2B CMOs Can Do
- B2B Senior Marketer Survey: The Most Effective Approaches for 2020 [Infographic]
- What Marketers Can Do Right Now in the Age of Coronavirus: A Letter From Ann Handley
- CX in B2B Marketing: Top-of-Mind Strategy in 2020