William Arruda, called the personal branding guru by Entrepreneur magazine, is the founder of Reach Personal Branding. He shares his personal-branding wisdom through his public speaking and his bestselling book, Career Distinction: Stand Out by Building Your Brand.
But he is also passionate about TV commercials. In fact, William has an enormous collection of advertisements dating back to the 1970s. Sadly, he says, most of his TV ads are on VHS. But thanks to the Internet and YouTube, he nonetheless has access to most of the commercials he has collected over the decades.
Here, William shares some of his favorite ads. And true to his style, he offers up a lesson for how the ad relates to your personal brand—after all, it's all about personal branding... at least, in his world.
Campaign: Sweet Dreams You Can't Resist
We love this commercial because…
It's among the most creative ads William says he's ever seen, and it has a spot on his Top 10 list.
"This ad is a series of Maxfield Parish paintings strung together with a catchy tune," he says. "The connection between white chocolate and innocence/virginity is subtle but powerful. It is all about sex and virginity wrapped in wholesome goodness... a Nestle wrapper."
This ad and YOUR personal brand: The Nestle ad offers a lesson to be creative in how you present your brand. Ask the most creative people you know how they would present you and your unique promise of value to the world.
Got an idea for a MarketingProfs Daily Chirp? Shout it out!
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Advertising:
- LinkedIn Ads Myths, Hurdles, and Strategies B2B Marketers Need to Know: AJ Wilcox on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The PPC Power Players: Ad Platforms Making a Big Impact in 2023
- The Top 50 Podcasts in the United States [Infographic]
- Out-of-Home Advertising for B2B Marketing Success | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Identifying the Best Advertising Strategy for Your Business | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- YouTube's Rebound: Ad Revenue Forecasts for 2023-24