William Arruda, called the personal branding guru by Entrepreneur magazine, is the founder of Reach Personal Branding. He shares his personal-branding wisdom through his public speaking and his bestselling book, Career Distinction: Stand Out by Building Your Brand.
But he is also passionate about TV commercials. In fact, William has an enormous collection of advertisements dating back to the 1970s. Sadly, he says, most of his TV ads are on VHS. But thanks to the Internet and YouTube, he nonetheless has access to most of the commercials he has collected over the decades.
Here, William shares some of his favorite ads. And true to his style, he offers up a lesson for how the ad relates to your personal brand—after all, it's all about personal branding... at least, in his world.
We love this commercial because...
"It held my interest for the entire two minutes," says Arruda. The ad highlights the Honda brand promise: Cars that work. Perfectly. All the time. "They may not be sexy or luxurious, but despite the complexity of automobiles with all those moving parts, Hondas are incredibly reliable," Arruda says.
This ad and YOUR personal brand: Think of creative ways you can express your greatest strength—what people expect from, and love about, YOU. What's YOUR greatest strength?
Got an idea for a MarketingProfs Daily Chirp? Shout it out!
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Advertising:
- Ad Tech Report: Is the Medium Rectangle's Era Over?
- LinkedIn Ads Myths, Hurdles, and Strategies B2B Marketers Need to Know: AJ Wilcox on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The PPC Power Players: Ad Platforms Making a Big Impact in 2023
- The Top 50 Podcasts in the United States [Infographic]
- Out-of-Home Advertising for B2B Marketing Success | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Identifying the Best Advertising Strategy for Your Business | Marketing Smarts Live Show