In 2012, an estimated 9.6 trillion text messages were sent out. What were all those texts about?
Fortunately, you don't to have to read over someone's shoulder to find out. Leads360 did the research, created the Text Messaging for Better Sales Conversion report, then put its findings in the following infographic.
The dating world accounts for a huge amount of texts. Texting is becoming the digital version of passing notes in class. A total of 67% of texters have sent a love note via text message, and 68% have used text messaging to flirt.
With all the love texting around, marketers also are incorporating texting more into their campaigns. A total of 36% of marketers use texting in their campaigns; 26% plan to use texting in their marketing campaigns in the next 12 months.
So why is texting growing in popularity with marketers? The short answer: The response rate is huge. Marketing texts have a 98% open rate, and a 45% response rate. And the conversion rate for leads who were sent three or more text messages after the initial contact is 328%. (Yes, you read that correctly.)
To find out more about the influence of texting, check out the following infographic.
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Customer Behavior Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Customer Behavior:
- What B2B Buyers Want From Vendor Chatbots
- The Tech Habits of Americans Age 50+
- The Factors That Most Influence Buyers of B2B Services
- How to Build Marketing Automation Campaigns That Prompt Desired Behaviors From Your Leads
- How to Use the Awareness Stages to Nurture Leads From MQL to SQL
- Do People Trust Brands to Protect Their Personal Data?