Though not competing for the Iron Throne, Sales and Marketing have long warred against one another in struggles worthy of a "Game of Thrones" TV episode. In a new infographic, Pardot mapped out the battle between the House of Sales and the House of Marketing.
The soldiers in Marketing and Sales are identified by their motivations, battle cries, and weapons, according to Pardot.
Sales reps want to close deals. All they want is (more) leads. Their battle cry is, Let me tell you a little more about our product! Their weapons of choice are LinkedIn, email, phones, and CRM. In contrast, Marketing soldiers want to drive leads and prove the value of their campaigns. Their battle cry is We had a great click-through rate on last week's campaign! The weapons they choose are Twitter, email, analytics, and AdWords.
The war between Marketing and Sales consists of ongoing battles, including these:
- The Battle of Reporting (Who gets the credit after a deal closes?)
- The Battle of Lead Grading? (Who decides which leads are good?)
- The Battle of Nurturing (Who nurtures leads to get them ready for sales?)
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Ultimate Guide to Dealing With Difficult People: 'Jackass Whisperer' Scott Stratten on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Rise of Revenue Operations [Infographic]
- A CMO's Thanksgiving: Five Reasons I'm Thankful for Managing the Marketing Mayhem
- How Much Work Actually Gets Done at Work?
- How Productive Are Remote Workers?