As Vine and Instagram Video battle for users, one thing is clear: People go crazy for online videos. In the US alone, each person consumes an average of 19 hours of video per month. (No, we're not just talking cat videos or celebrations of bacon's wonders.)
According to a recent infographic by Invodo, consumers watch product videos 60% of the time. Some 52% of consumers do so because they feel more confident about their purchase decisions after watching the product videos.
Product videos can also be used for...
- In-store QR codes
All those product video views translate into more sales for businesses.
Shoppers who view video are 174% more likely to purchase than viewers who did not, according to Invodo. And almost 40% of consumers report that videos increase their likelihood of making a purchase on a mobile device.
To find out more about the impact of video on your business, check out the following infographic:
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- Build B2B Marketing Trust With Evidence-Based Content: Melanie Deziel on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Webinar Invitations: Examples and Best-Practices
- The Cost of Poor Business Writing
- 12 Reasons User-Generated Content Is Important for Brands [Infographic]
- Why You Need a Branded Podcast (And How to Create and Brand Yours)
- Five Trends Fueling the Rise of Visual, Data-Driven Storytelling [Infographic]