Every day, emails battle fiercely for attention. Some emails will win by being opened and having a call to action followed. Others will be deleted before they even had a chance.
On the battlefield known as the inbox, emails from all categories compete with one another. Which types of emails win the battle most?
Using its competitive intelligence tool, Inbox Insight, Return Path analyzed billions of messages sent to its panel of 3 million email users from May through June 2013. It then used the findings to create the following infographic.
According to Return path's analysis, email subscribers receive an average of 416 commercial emails a month. Daily deals, social networks, dating, and retail emails are the categories filling inboxes the most.
Of those most received emails, recipients are most opening emails having to do with...
- Health and beauty
- Department stores
- Kids and babies
To find out more about what email fans read and how popular brands' emails rate, check out the following infographic:
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Email Marketing:
- Effective B2B Email Strategies for the Win: Matt Treacey on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Get Started With Multilingual Email Marketing
- Email Opens Are Not Dead: What's Changed and What Hasn't
- How to Craft the Perfect Cold Email With ChatGPT
- How Enterprises Are Using AI for Email Marketing
- Email Behavior Trends for 2023