Every day, emails battle fiercely for attention. Some emails will win by being opened and having a call to action followed. Others will be deleted before they even had a chance.
On the battlefield known as the inbox, emails from all categories compete with one another. Which types of emails win the battle most?
Using its competitive intelligence tool, Inbox Insight, Return Path analyzed billions of messages sent to its panel of 3 million email users from May through June 2013. It then used the findings to create the following infographic.
According to Return path's analysis, email subscribers receive an average of 416 commercial emails a month. Daily deals, social networks, dating, and retail emails are the categories filling inboxes the most.
Of those most received emails, recipients are most opening emails having to do with...
- Health and beauty
- Department stores
- Kids and babies
To find out more about what email fans read and how popular brands' emails rate, check out the following infographic:
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Email Marketing Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Email Marketing:
- Five Ways to Realign Your Email Marketing to Your Overall Business Goals in 2023
- A 10-Step Plan for Maximizing Email Campaign Effectiveness [Infographic]
- Your Most Important Job as a B2B Email Marketer Is...
- The Email List Segments You Should Focus On [Infographic]
- 11 Jargon Phrases to Avoid Using in Work Emails [Infographic]
- How Much Time Do People Typically Spend Looking at an Email?