Do you know whether your sales team is meeting its sales quotas? Following a playbook? Understanding customers' pain?
One sobering fact is that two-thirds of all sales people miss their quotas. According to the research, 67% of sales professional don't meet their individual quotas. Worst of all, 23% of companies don't even know whether their sales teams have achieved their quotas.
Another surprising facts is that only 46% of reps feel their pipeline is accurate.
In addition, 40% of salespeople can't understand customer pain. When dealing with a customer problem, the sales rep is more likely to "panic and offer up the first solution that comes to mind." Only 61% of sales reps feel confident about uncovering customer problems.
Part of the problem with understanding customer pain may be that almost half of sales teams don't have a playbook. The companies that do have a clear process, however, are 33% more likely to be high performers.
To get more must-know stats about sales performance, check out the following infographic.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Sales:
- How to Rev Up the B2B Account-Based Demand Engine to Accelerate Results
- What Top Salespeople Do Differently Across the Sales Cycle [Infographic]
- Empowering Sales Success—The Role of Marketing in Sales Enablement: Owen Richards on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- What Nicolas Cage Can Teach Us About the Challenger Sale
- Your Guide to B2B Appointment-Setting for Better Sales
- The State of B2B Sales in 2023