Small businesses with a Google AdWords account are flushing away, on average, 25% of their pay-per-click (PPC) marketing budget because of easily fixable managerial and strategic errors.
That finding is highlighted in a recent study by the search software provider WordStream, which reviewed the PPC activities of 500 small and midsize business (SMBs).
The company graded those SMBs on various PPC tasks, including account activity, ad relevancy, keyword optimization, landing page quality, and mobile search, and found five simple changes that can help companies maximize their PPC marketing.
Here's a quick look at five tips for renovating your PPC advertising:
1. Follow mobile PPC best-practices. Fewer than 20% of AdWords accounts have created mobile-preferred ads. Make yours one of them.
2. Create killer landing pages. Send PPC traffic to conversion-friendly landing pages.
3. Improve ad relevancy. Write better text ads.
4. Find your best keywords. Do the research then focus on using your most targeted terms.
5. Get active. Spend at least 20 minutes a week optimizing your AdWords account.
To get more details about how to renovate your PPC search marketing, check out the following infographic:
Continue reading "Five Ways to Give Your PPC Advertising an Extreme Makeover [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Advertising: