Chief marketing officers (CMOs) agree that successful brands use customer data to drive marketing decisions; moreover, 87% of marketers report that "capturing and sharing the right data is critical for measuring ROI effectively," reports Monetate via an infographic.
Unfortunately, however, many marketers struggle to use data well.
Some 45% of companies aren't using data to personalize their marketing communications, and 42% aren't able to link data to an individual customer, according to the data cited by Monetate.
Among the reasons that marketers don't use data: lack of training (32%), lack of budget or resources (32%), wrong organizational structure (14%).
To find out how you can collect and use customer data well, check out the tips in the following infographic:
Continue reading "The Marketer's Guide to Actionable Data [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
Sign in with your preferred account, below.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Metrics & ROI:
- Why Data Quality Is Important for Market Intelligence
- The ROI Resurgence: How a Year of Virtual Events Made Measuring ROI More Important Than Ever
- A Five-Point Plan for First-Party Data
- The Most Important KPIs to Track the Effectiveness of Your Email Marketing Strategy
- Three Marketing Metrics to Stop Tracking—And What to Measure Instead
- How to Implement Artificial Intelligence in Marketing: Rajkumar Venkatesan on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]