When gearing up for the new year, marketers should reflect on marketing trends and events from 2013 that may help them to prepare for 2014.
One major marketing trend was multiplatform content: Some 54% of American consumers are now on more than one content platform, such as desktop computers, smartphones, and tablets.
Content marketing also boomed in 2013: 90% of B2C and 93% of B2B marketers used content marketing this year, compared with last year's 85%.
Another area of growth was in mobile. Mobile commerce spending increased from $.06 billion in the second quarter of 2010 to $4.7 billion in the second quarter of 2013.
To find out more about the trends, stats, and events in marketing this year, check out the following infographic by Uberflip:
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- Your Evolving Value Proposition: How to Recognize It and Get Ahead of Agency Competitors
- The State of Digital Marketing for the Manufacturing Industry [Infographic]
- How B2B Marketers Can Shift to Buying Groups in Three Months or Less
- Direct Mail Marketing's Top Advantages and Challenges
- How Marketers Can Use Identity Graphs to Understand Their Customers Better
- It's Time to Start Thinking of B2B Marketing as an Investment