When gearing up for the new year, marketers should reflect on marketing trends and events from 2013 that may help them to prepare for 2014.
One major marketing trend was multiplatform content: Some 54% of American consumers are now on more than one content platform, such as desktop computers, smartphones, and tablets.
Content marketing also boomed in 2013: 90% of B2C and 93% of B2B marketers used content marketing this year, compared with last year's 85%.
Another area of growth was in mobile. Mobile commerce spending increased from $.06 billion in the second quarter of 2010 to $4.7 billion in the second quarter of 2013.
To find out more about the trends, stats, and events in marketing this year, check out the following infographic by Uberflip:
Continue reading "Marketing Trends, Stats, and Events That Made the News in 2013 [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- Creating a Better Audience Experience: Oli Gardner on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Four Ways to Reduce Churn and Create a Companywide Culture of Customer Success
- How Senior Marketers Set Their Budgets
- The Top Areas Where Martech Tools Could Be Improved
- The Great Compression and the Future of Marketing Post-Pandemic: Mitch Joel on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]