Some 122,500,453,020 emails are sent every hour, so marketers must master the art of getting their email seen in a crowded inbox.
The following tips from Madison Logic's infographic features 10 email marketing best-practices that can get your emails noticed.
The first tip is to craft a subject line that sings. Surprisingly, Madison Logic found, punctuation isn't necessary and capital letters produce a lift in engagement.
What does matter in the subject line is personalization. For example, users are 22% more likely to open an email if they are addressed by their first name.
As for the email itself, "focus your message to fulfill the promise of the subject line," Madison Logic suggests.
Find out more about best-practices regarding email calls to action, testing, and mobile design in the following infographic:
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Email Marketing:
- Tips, Tricks, and Hacks for B2B Email Marketing Success: Michael Barber on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- New B2B Email Marketing Techniques That Work Right Now: Jay Schwedelson on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Email Newsletters: Nine New Best-Practices
- How to Charge Up Your Email Marketing With Video Enhancements
- When and How to Use Plain-Text Email in Marketing: Use Cases, Design Best-Practices
- Email at Scale: How to Increase Campaigns and Manage Complexity