Some 122,500,453,020 emails are sent every hour, so marketers must master the art of getting their email seen in a crowded inbox.
The following tips from Madison Logic's infographic features 10 email marketing best-practices that can get your emails noticed.
The first tip is to craft a subject line that sings. Surprisingly, Madison Logic found, punctuation isn't necessary and capital letters produce a lift in engagement.
What does matter in the subject line is personalization. For example, users are 22% more likely to open an email if they are addressed by their first name.
As for the email itself, "focus your message to fulfill the promise of the subject line," Madison Logic suggests.
Find out more about best-practices regarding email calls to action, testing, and mobile design in the following infographic:
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Email Marketing:
- The Email List Segments You Should Focus On [Infographic]
- 11 Jargon Phrases to Avoid Using in Work Emails [Infographic]
- How Much Time Do People Typically Spend Looking at an Email?
- Picking the Right Email Sender Name: Brand or Person?
- 12 Email List Management Best-Practices [Infographic]
- Three Tips to Keep Top of Mind for Your Next Email Service Provider RFP