How much do design, site speed, and product reviews affect e-commerce checkout behavior? Even more than you might think...
Regarding general design, some 93% of people say visuals are the most influential factor in the purchase decision, according to vouchercloud.
Moreover, shoppers assess a product within 90 seconds to determine whether to purchase it.
Site speed also plays a huge role. If a page takes three seconds to load, 57% of online consumers will abandon the site; of those visitors, 80% will never return.
Product reviews, too, influence online shoppers. Some 85% of consumers read online reviews for local businesses before making a purchase. "Of those, 79% trust the reviews as much as a personal recommendation," vouchercloud writes.
To find out more about the behaviors behind online shopper clicks, check out the infographic:
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Customer Behavior Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Customer Behavior:
- What B2B Buyers Want From Vendor Chatbots
- The Tech Habits of Americans Age 50+
- The Factors That Most Influence Buyers of B2B Services
- How to Build Marketing Automation Campaigns That Prompt Desired Behaviors From Your Leads
- How to Use the Awareness Stages to Nurture Leads From MQL to SQL
- Do People Trust Brands to Protect Their Personal Data?