How much do design, site speed, and product reviews affect e-commerce checkout behavior? Even more than you might think...
Regarding general design, some 93% of people say visuals are the most influential factor in the purchase decision, according to vouchercloud.
Moreover, shoppers assess a product within 90 seconds to determine whether to purchase it.
Site speed also plays a huge role. If a page takes three seconds to load, 57% of online consumers will abandon the site; of those visitors, 80% will never return.
Product reviews, too, influence online shoppers. Some 85% of consumers read online reviews for local businesses before making a purchase. "Of those, 79% trust the reviews as much as a personal recommendation," vouchercloud writes.
To find out more about the behaviors behind online shopper clicks, check out the infographic:
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Customer Behavior:
- How to Adapt to Changing B2B Tech Buyer Behavior [Infographic]
- Meh on the Metaverse: How Americans Feel About Virtual Worlds
- B2B Tech Buyer Trends: Goodbye Vendor Reps, Hello Self-Service
- How to Identify SQLs Based on Sales Intent Behavior: Awareness Stages and Demand Gen
- Using Behavioral Progressive Profiling to Drive Demand Generation
- How Americans Feel About These 16 Emerging Technologies