As a marketer, you most likely understand Millennials, but you also need to get to know the generation that follows: Generation Z.
Generation Z makes up the largest percentage (25.9%) of the US population. They aren't even 21 years old yet, but already they are beginning to exhibit influence, consumption, and spending power.
So, what do marketers need to know about Generation Z?
"Generation Z is mature, self-directed, and resourceful," according to the following infographic by Marketo. They know how to self-educate and find information, and 52% use YouTube or social media for typical research assignments.
Moreover, Generation Z embraces the DIY culture. Some 76% wish their hobbies would turn into full-time jobs, and 72% of high school students want to start their own businesses someday.
"This generation knows the ins and outs of the Internet, shops online, and is ambitious about work," states Marketo. "Your future business depends on understanding how to market to them."
To find out more about Generation Z, check out the infographic:
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Customer Behavior Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Customer Behavior:
- What B2B Buyers Want From Vendor Chatbots
- The Tech Habits of Americans Age 50+
- The Factors That Most Influence Buyers of B2B Services
- How to Build Marketing Automation Campaigns That Prompt Desired Behaviors From Your Leads
- How to Use the Awareness Stages to Nurture Leads From MQL to SQL
- Do People Trust Brands to Protect Their Personal Data?