More than half (51%) of shoppers plan to purchase holiday items online, according to the following Yahoo infographic.
Moreover, 88% of shoppers have researched a product online then purchased in a store.
So if you want to get on holiday shoppers' wish lists, use the infographic's search advertising tips.
One big tip: make sure your site is optimized for mobile. "Some 76% of smartphone owners plan to use their device for holiday shopping," states Yahoo.
Also, be mindful of the busiest days of the season, such as Thanksgiving Day, Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Green Monday: "On these days, search advertisers should expect clicks to spike 119% compared to the daily average or the quarter," advises Yahoo.
To find out more about search advertising during the holiday season, check out the infographic:
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Search Engine Marketing:
- A Complete Guide to Anchor Text Optimization in Four Steps
- An 11-Step Plan for Improving Your SEO Strategy [Infographic]
- Five Ways to Get Keyword Ideas for Your Website: A Beginner's Guide
- A Marketer's Guide to SEO in 2022: Franco Valentino on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How Many Words Do People Use When Searching Online?
- Three SEO Trends Marketers Need to Know in 2022