What exactly is real-time bidding (RTB)—and why should marketers care about it?
Real-time bidding lets website owners sell ad impressions through an advertising exchange platform.
"Each impression is sold as it becomes available in real time," states the following WhoIsHostingThis infographic. "The platform allows advertisers to automatically adjust their bids based on changing market conditions and allows for performance feedback."
RTB benefits agencies, advertisers, and publishers. Advertisers get more control over the performance of their campaigns and more targeted results for clients. Advertisers benefit from the narrowed targeting and lack of wasted impressions, and publishers receive "a much higher revenue on inventory since buyers maximize the value of impressions," states WhoIsHostingThis.
To find out more about RTB and how you can benefit from it, check out the infographic.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Advertising:
- Global Ad Spend Forecast for 2023: A Slowdown Ahead
- A Beginner's Guide to How Google Ads Work
- Global Ad Trends: TV Media Costs Have Jumped 31% Since 2019
- Digital Ad Strategy 101: A Starting Point
- Out-of-Home Advertising for B2B Marketing Success: Matthew O'Connor on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Impact of Reddit Ads [Infographic]