After 21 years on the Late Show stage, host David Letterman has announced his retirement, leaving behind years of laughter, a comedic legacy, and a valuable lesson for email marketers: When searching for success, have a killer opening act with a star subject line.
Just as Letterman's producers and writers work tirelessly behind the scenes to ensure his opening act is a hit in front of the audience, marketers should take a similar course of action when creating star subject lines.
View an email campaign as you would the Late Show: The subject line is the opening act; it sets the stage for the entire show.
To ensure that your audience is hooked from the beginning, marketers should invest the appropriate time and resources into creating a powerful and compelling subject line.
Otherwise, your campaign runs the risk of flopping right into the spam folder.
Campaigner's customer support team offers three tips to channel your inner Letterman and set the stage for your email campaign with an attention-grabbing subject line:
- Read Me! Now! Customers get tons of email every day, so you want your subject line to entice them to open your message.
- Timely tactics. Don't be afraid to insert your brand into trending topics.
- Taylor Swift vs. Kanye: Put them to the Test. Are your contacts on the T. Swift or the Kanye side of that pop-culture battle? Don't just guess, test to find out.
Click or tap on the infographic for more email marketing lessons from Letterman:
Continue reading "What Email Marketers Can Learn From Late Show With David Letterman [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Email Marketing:
- Why B2B Brands Face Unique—and Sometimes Self-Inflicted—Email Deliverability Challenges
- How iOS 15 Will Kill Email Open Rates—And How Marketers Can Prepare
- Apple's Hide My Email: A New Reason to Accept Only Corporate Email Addresses
- Email Marketing Stats You Need to Know [Infographic]
- Building Your Email Newsletter Is a Marathon, Not a Sprint