Are you listening to music while you read this? If so, know that listening to certain genres can affect your productivity.
"People listening to music in headphones completed tasks more quickly and came up with better ideas than those that didn't," states Superfi in the following infographic, based on a Fast Company article.
Mellow music helps when you're thinking deeply. "When trying to get creative juices flowing, an ambient level of music appears to work best," states Superfi.
Skip the lyrics, though, if you're working on an immersive task or learning something new. "Lyrics can cause serious inefficiency—this is because the words activate the language center of your brain," explains Superfi.
To find out more about the effect of music on your productivity, tap or click on the infographic.
Continue reading "How Your Music Choices Affect Your Productivity [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Career Management:
- Avoid Marketing Irrelevance: Stop Asking 'What's Our Budget?' and Start Asking 'What's Our Revenue Target?'
- If Marketing Is As Critical As Sales Is to the B2B Pipeline, Why Don't We Formalize Training for Marketing Teams?
- The Power of Writing Your Story [Infographic]
- How to Crash-Proof Your Personal Brand in a Tight Job Market
- The Average Job Tenure of CMOs in 2020