Are you listening to music while you read this? If so, know that listening to certain genres can affect your productivity.
"People listening to music in headphones completed tasks more quickly and came up with better ideas than those that didn't," states Superfi in the following infographic, based on a Fast Company article.
Mellow music helps when you're thinking deeply. "When trying to get creative juices flowing, an ambient level of music appears to work best," states Superfi.
Skip the lyrics, though, if you're working on an immersive task or learning something new. "Lyrics can cause serious inefficiency—this is because the words activate the language center of your brain," explains Superfi.
To find out more about the effect of music on your productivity, tap or click on the infographic.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Career Management:
- The Most (and Least) Innovative Cities in America [Infographic]
- Burned Out But Staying: The State of Today's Workforce [Infographic]
- What's Driving the 'Great Resignation': A Look at Why Workers Quit
- How to Cultivate Curiosity Throughout Your Career [Infographic]
- What Employers Look for When Hiring Social Media Managers
- Many Roads to CMO: The Backgrounds of 20 Top Marketers [Infographic]