About 25 million meetings take place every day in the US. And most of them are dull time-sucks.
"More than $37 billion a year is spent on unproductive meetings," according to Fuze in the following infographic.
Think about the last meeting you had. Was it a short, focused exchange of ideas and plans? If not, check out the infographic's tips for productive meetings.
First, consider whether you need a meeting. "Explore options requiring less time from co-workers," suggests Fuze. "Who really needs to be there? Be clear about required and optional participants."
In preparation for the meeting, come up with an agenda. Having one will help you and other participants stay focused and engaged. "Send materials in advance, and capture action items," states Fuze.
To find out more about the cost and cause of unproductive meetings as well as tips to productive ones, tap or click on the infographic:
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
General Management Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to General Management:
- How to Find and Nurture the Entrepreneurs in Your Company
- Does Marketing or Sales Own Customer Strategy?
- Five Tips for Effective Communication With Distributed Teams
- No, ChatGPT Won't Make Marketing and Search Irrelevant (At Least for Now)
- What Cloud Outages Mean for Your Business [Infographic]
- Taking the Long View: The Hardest But Most Valuable Way to Run an Agency