Barely half of your workforce (52%) is happy at work, let alone set up for success, according to a recent workplace report by Achievers. That's chilling news, considering that successful companies depend on engaged employees.
Here's a look at factors contributing to a disengaged workforce, along with ideas for what managers can do to engage employees.
The biggest factors involve the "recognition gap," according to Achievers:
- 63% of survey respondents say they don't feel recognized for their progress at work.
- 60% say they don't feel recognized for their achievements at work.
- 60% say they don't receive in-the-moment feedback from their managers.
Yet, employees long for recognition: A whopping 85% hope to be recognized at least quarterly, if not more.
Continue reading "The Cold, Hard Truth About Employee Engagement [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
Subscribe today...it's free!
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to General Management:
- The Power of One (Or How to Effect Change): Keith Jennings on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Level-Up Your Company Culture [Infographic]
- Chief Marketer Survey: The Biggest Marketing Leadership Deficiencies
- 10 Tips for Boosting Employee Engagement and Creating a Happy Workplace
- Great Leaders Don't Buff Out Their Dents! 'You Lead' Author Minter Dial on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]