If you're stressed out about giving a presentation, you're not alone. The following nine tips can help you determine the root of your anxiety and overcome it.
Is your anxiety situation-, audience, or goal-based? If it's situation-based, flip it, recommends the following Stanford Graduate School of Business (GBS) infographic.
"Since the physiological manifestations of anxiety are similar to excitement (e.g., increased heart rate), trick yourself into feeling good about presenting by seeing your physical reaction as excitement," states Stanford GBS lecturer Matt Abrahams.
Another tip is to talk over the presentation with friends. "You are not performing but conversing," suggests the infographic. "No longer will you feel there is only one right way to present."
To get more tips about overcoming anxiety about public speaking, tap or click on the infographic.
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Career Management Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Career Management:
- What Americans Value Most in a Job [Infographic]
- Why Tone Matters More Than Ever in Business Communication
- LinkedIn Data: The 10 Most In-Demand Marketing and Sales Skills
- What Will Work Look Like in the Future? [Infographic]
- The 'Cringe' Buzzwords Used Most in LinkedIn Job Posts [Infographic]
- The 30 Companies That Produce the Most Startup Founders [Infographic]