The Internet has forever changed how retail businesses operate and how consumers shop, and so retailers must keep up or risk getting left behind, according to an infographic by SMS Storetraffic.com.
For example, businesses with an online presence grow 40% faster than those without one, and yet nearly half of small businesses do not have a website, the infographic states.
Moreover, a website is not enough; businesses need to also claim freely available business listings, such as those of Google, Yahoo, Yelp, and Bing, Store Traffic points out.
Finally, in the near future, the Internet of Things (IoT) will result in the merger of the online and offline worlds to give consumers a seamless experience between the two when they're shopping, the infographic foresees.
For more, check out the infographic, "How the Internet Revolutionized Offline Retail":
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
Marketing Strategy Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- Communities Are the Future of Marketing | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- World-Class Case Studies; They Ask, You Answer; and Building Trust on the Internet: Marcus Sheridan on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Product Line Strategy: Five Approaches
- How to Build a Successful Go-to-Market Campaign Plan: Pam Didner on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How Small Business Owners Are Using AI [Infographic]
- The Marketing Growth Triad: Data, Tech, and Creativity