A few highlights:
• Customer identity will underpin multichannel engagement. Over 50% of US marketers agree that expanding identity-based marketing across all channels is extremely important, the infographic explains.
• Customer loyalty will become marketers' top priority, as 55% of CMOs in the US are planning to implement new solutions in 2017 to grow customer relationships.
• Customers will demand life-enhancing experiences. Marketers will be able to use the data they have to create such experiences, and they will need to find creative and rewarding ways for customers to share that data, the infographic suggests.
To see Signal's eight predictions on 2017 digital marketing trends, check out the infographic:
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- Industry Foresight: Forecasting the Future of Your Market
- First-Party Data Isn't Enough: You'll Need the Right Data Infrastructure to Derive Value From Your Marketing Data
- The Attention Economy—How Time Affects Your B2B Marketing Efforts: Doug Binder on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- What Keeps Senior Marketers Up at Night?
- Martech 2023: Three Trends to Expect
- Inclusive B2B Marketing Techniques You Can’t Afford to Ignore: Sydni Craig-Hart on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]