Product recommendations are an integral part of the online shopping experience. Who among us hasn't ordered a jacket, jeans, and sneakers when all we intended to buy was a pack of socks?
Dynamic Yield analyzed data from 50 million shopping transactions and learned that visitors who engage with product recommendations generate 2.8x higher revenue per visitor and 20% greater average order value, according to an infographic published by the personalization company.
So it's worthwhile to devote online real estate to recommendations to help users move from window-shoppers to buyers. And as with most marketing tactics, there are best-practices to help you make recommendations as effective as they can be.
For example, ensure that recommendations display consistently across desktop, mobile, and email channels, and consider different recommendations at different stages of the customer journey, the infographic suggests.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- COVID-19's Impact on Digital Agencies' Revenue and Leads
- The Future of Marketing Organizations Post-Pandemic: Top 5 Predictions
- Outsourcing Digital Marketing: Your Questions Answered [Infographic]
- Making Webinars Work—Up, Down, and Beyond the Sales Funnel [Infographic]
- How to Unlock Content Marketing's Value and Drive Sales: AI Can Help