Product recommendations are an integral part of the online shopping experience. Who among us hasn't ordered a jacket, jeans, and sneakers when all we intended to buy was a pack of socks?
Dynamic Yield analyzed data from 50 million shopping transactions and learned that visitors who engage with product recommendations generate 2.8x higher revenue per visitor and 20% greater average order value, according to an infographic published by the personalization company.
So it's worthwhile to devote online real estate to recommendations to help users move from window-shoppers to buyers. And as with most marketing tactics, there are best-practices to help you make recommendations as effective as they can be.
For example, ensure that recommendations display consistently across desktop, mobile, and email channels, and consider different recommendations at different stages of the customer journey, the infographic suggests.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- 2018 Year-end Episode of Marketing Smarts: What Marketers Need to Know for 2019 [VIDEO]
- Building a Brand and Giving Back: Country Star Jimmy Charles on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Heat Up Marketing Impact With Data-Driven Personas
- What Online Shoppers Want--and How You Can Provide It [Infographic]
- Five Tips for Retailers to Win at Marketing in a Booming Economy