Virtual reality isn't just for gaming anymore. The immersive technology is making its way into the marketing world, and B2C as well as B2B companies have started to use this technology as a marketing tactic.
According to the graphic:
• VR product revenue is forecast to reach $4.6 billion in 2017, and VR active-user growth is projected to reach 90 million.
• Brands such as Samsung, Tom's, HBO's Game of Thrones, and Lowe's are already cashing in on the VR trend, using it for customer acquisition, brand-affinity enhancement, and point-of-sale assistance.
To get ideas for how your brand might use virtual reality, tap or click on the preview image to see the full animated infographic:
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- Maximizing Your B2B Marketing Budget: Recession Strategies and Tips | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Navigating the Power of B2B Communication by Getting to the Point: Steve Woodruff on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Link Prospects' Personal and Business Data to Engage and Convert: The Awesome Power of B2B2C Linkage Data
- For AI-Driven B2B Customer Experiences, You'll Need These Four Strategic Investments
- The Key to Thriving Digital Communities: Love Thy Neighbor
- B2B Multichannel Marketing: Top Channels, Trends, and Challenges