Consumers' use of mobile and digital devices while shopping in-store has increased significantly in the past few years, an infographic by CUBE, a company that specializes in providing digital customer experiences, points out.
For example, 5% of retail sales were influenced by mobile devices in 2013, but by 2016 that figure had jumped to 37%, and 22% of consumers spend more as a result of using digital devices in-store, according to data the infographic cites.
But incorporating effective omnichannel strategies can be challenging: The strategies of 93% of brands and retailers are misaligned, which has a detrimental effect on omnichannel efforts, the infographic explains.
But there are successful digital and in-store blended experiences from big-name brands, and the infographic goes on to provide a few real-life examples.
To learn more about how a customer's digital experience can affect their in-store purchases, and to get ideas for how to implement successful omnichannel retail strategies for your brand, check out the infographic. Just tap or click to view a larger version.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- Industry Foresight: Forecasting the Future of Your Market
- First-Party Data Isn't Enough: You'll Need the Right Data Infrastructure to Derive Value From Your Marketing Data
- The Attention Economy—How Time Affects Your B2B Marketing Efforts: Doug Binder on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- What Keeps Senior Marketers Up at Night?
- Martech 2023: Three Trends to Expect
- Inclusive B2B Marketing Techniques You Can’t Afford to Ignore: Sydni Craig-Hart on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]