Although we marketers sometimes use "omnichannel" and "multichannel" interchangeably, the words refer to different marketing strategies and result in different customer experiences.
• A multichannel marketing approach refers to a brand’s efforts to interact with customers across multiple platforms and channels. It focuses on growing customer engagement across those various channels.
• An omnichannel marketing approach, on the other hand, eclipses multichannel. Omnichannel marketing helps you promote stronger, lasting relationships with customers because they’re able to have a consistent brand experience no matter what device they use, when they use it, or where in their journey they are.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Clearly Articulate What You or Your Brand Do: Clarity Consultant Steve Woodruff on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Top Challenges Facing In-House Creative Teams
- How to Get Marketers to Think Like Salespeople... and Vice Versa
- The Key to Effective Direct Mail Marketing
- The Technologies That Are Disrupting Digital Marketing [Infographic]