Although we marketers sometimes use "omnichannel" and "multichannel" interchangeably, the words refer to different marketing strategies and result in different customer experiences.
• A multichannel marketing approach refers to a brand’s efforts to interact with customers across multiple platforms and channels. It focuses on growing customer engagement across those various channels.
• An omnichannel marketing approach, on the other hand, eclipses multichannel. Omnichannel marketing helps you promote stronger, lasting relationships with customers because they’re able to have a consistent brand experience no matter what device they use, when they use it, or where in their journey they are.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- 2018 Year-end Episode of Marketing Smarts: What Marketers Need to Know for 2019 [VIDEO]
- Building a Brand and Giving Back: Country Star Jimmy Charles on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Heat Up Marketing Impact With Data-Driven Personas
- What Online Shoppers Want--and How You Can Provide It [Infographic]
- Five Tips for Retailers to Win at Marketing in a Booming Economy