Although we marketers sometimes use "omnichannel" and "multichannel" interchangeably, the words refer to different marketing strategies and result in different customer experiences.
• A multichannel marketing approach refers to a brand’s efforts to interact with customers across multiple platforms and channels. It focuses on growing customer engagement across those various channels.
• An omnichannel marketing approach, on the other hand, eclipses multichannel. Omnichannel marketing helps you promote stronger, lasting relationships with customers because they’re able to have a consistent brand experience no matter what device they use, when they use it, or where in their journey they are.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Nail Positioning, Messaging, and Change Management: Matt Desmier on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Three Steps to Amplify Your Brand Message Beyond the Walls of Your Event
- How to Create a Customer Journey Map to Optimize Your Campaigns
- Ready for 2019 Holiday Season E-Commerce? It's Almost Time... [Infographic]
- Mat Sweezey's List of 103 Marketing Thought Leaders, by Category [Opinion]