To say that Amazon has changed how we shop may be the understatement of the year. And one of the ways it has changed our habits is by offering same-day delivery.
Other retailers have followed suit in an effort to keep up with consumers' expectations, and today 15% of global retailers offer same-day delivery.
That's according to an infographic by 2Flow. The logistics solutions company compiled statistics and trends in the on-demand business model into one handy graphic.
In many industries, consumers won't buy from brands that don't offer same-day delivery, the infographic shows. However, offering same-day delivery comes with some major challenges, such as costs, logistics, and staffing.
But on-demand can be an area that consumers are willing to spend more on. For example, the graphic points out that 60% of US consumers would pay more than $10 to get furniture delivered on the day it was ordered.
To see more about the trends and challenges of on-demand, same-day delivery, check out the graphic. Tap or click to see a larger version.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- 10 Ways to Improve Customer Experience [Infographic]
- The Role of Data in B2B Go-To-Market Strategies
- Three Steps to Personalizing the Overall Customer Experience
- Four Steps Marketers Can Take to Drive Growth During a Recession
- The Most Important Elements of a B2B Multichannel Strategy
- Eight Myths of Marketing Automation