To say that Amazon has changed how we shop may be the understatement of the year. And one of the ways it has changed our habits is by offering same-day delivery.
Other retailers have followed suit in an effort to keep up with consumers' expectations, and today 15% of global retailers offer same-day delivery.
That's according to an infographic by 2Flow. The logistics solutions company compiled statistics and trends in the on-demand business model into one handy graphic.
In many industries, consumers won't buy from brands that don't offer same-day delivery, the infographic shows. However, offering same-day delivery comes with some major challenges, such as costs, logistics, and staffing.
But on-demand can be an area that consumers are willing to spend more on. For example, the graphic points out that 60% of US consumers would pay more than $10 to get furniture delivered on the day it was ordered.
To see more about the trends and challenges of on-demand, same-day delivery, check out the graphic. Tap or click to see a larger version.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- Digital Marketing for Biotech Companies: From Clinical Trials to Clicks
- B2B Branding, Stories, Social Efforts, and Disruptive Innovation for Your Company | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- The 10 Biggest Emerging Global Risks According to Experts
- Seven Tactics Marketers Can Learn From IKEA [Infographic]
- A Playbook for Marketing-Led Growth | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- What Makes B2B Influencer Marketing Programs Successful