It's no secret that visual content is everywhere: You're reading this text now, but you clicked on this article for the infographic below, right?
The graphic also points out that it takes only 13 milliseconds to process an image, which means that writers can have a hard time keeping readers' attention when there is so much visual content to stimulate those readers.
The infographic offers a few tips for Web writers. Among those tips:
- Put the most important information into the first two paragraphs.
- Use subheads and bullet points.
- Highlight important words.
- Supplement text with informative images.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Seven Tips for Building a Video Marketing Campaign
- How to Use Live Video to Market Your Business [Infographic]
- E-Commerce Holiday Content: What to Write About, and for Whom [Infographic]
- The Cure for Crummy Copy: Laura Belgray of Talking Shrimp on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Win at Content Marketing to Generation Z