It's no secret that visual content is everywhere: You're reading this text now, but you clicked on this article for the infographic below, right?
The graphic also points out that it takes only 13 milliseconds to process an image, which means that writers can have a hard time keeping readers' attention when there is so much visual content to stimulate those readers.
The infographic offers a few tips for Web writers. Among those tips:
- Put the most important information into the first two paragraphs.
- Use subheads and bullet points.
- Highlight important words.
- Supplement text with informative images.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Your Guide to Video Marketing: Crack the Video Code [Infographic]
- The Worst SEO Mistake You Can Make: Ignoring Content Distribution
- Direct Response Copywriting: How to Craft Copy That Converts [Infographic]
- How to Make Your Content Work Harder: Seven Fatty Phrases to Avoid in Your Writing
- The Proverb Effect (And How Marketers Can Use It): Author Ron Ploof on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]