One way to reach more consumers—or to get more mileage out of written content you already have—is to use visual content.
People remember 20% of what they read but 80% of what they see, according to an infographic on the topic of visual content.
The team at PR and content marketing partner for brands iScribblers produced the graphic, which explores five reasons visual content resonates with people more than written content does.
It also explains that the rise of social media has contributed to this phenomenon. For example...
- Facebook continues to modify its News Feed algorithm to include larger and more prominently displayed images and videos, according to The New York Times.
- More than 95 million photos are shared daily on Instagram, and pictures with faces are more popular than other photos, reports Reuters.
- Twitter pulls pictures and videos right into its timeline, and tweets with images receive 150% more retweets than tweets without images, says HubSpot.
To learn more about the power of visual marketing, take a look at the infographic:
Continue reading "Five Reasons People Are Wired for Visual Marketing [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Customer Behavior:
- How to Push Customers Down the Brand Loyalty Funnel
- Why People Really Do What They Do: 'Primal Brain' Author Tim Ash on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Do Customers Trust You? Six Tips for Earning Brand Trust in 2021
- This Is Your Brain on Marketing: Nancy Harhut on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How IT Buyers' Researching Behaviors Changed in 2020