When reviewing the study results, SEMrush team members found that there are some major misconceptions about pay-per-click (PPC) campaigns, and they went on to create an infographic debunking five false beliefs about PPC:
1. PPC budgets are huge. (Truth: It's not uncommon for a brand to spend less than $1,000 per month.)
2. Bigger discounts in ads equal better results. (OK, this myth was only partially busted. Check out the infographic or report to see the recommendation for your industry.)
3. The desktop is dead for PPC. (Caveat: it depends on your niche.)
4. All ads should contain a CTA. (They don't have to! "Free shipping," for example, is a common and effective ad phrase that is not a CTA.)
5. PPC best-practices are similar for all industries. (But you already knew that wasn't true.)
For details on each of those myths, check out the infographic or the SEMrush Annual E-Commerce Study:
Continue reading "Five Myths About PPC... Busted! [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
Subscribe today...it's free!
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Advertising:
- Four Tips for Better Videos Ads on LinkedIn [Infographic]
- Eight Ad Tech Innovators' Hopes and Expectations for 2021
- Social Media Retargeting: The Benefits of Drawing Your Customers Back In
- Which Countries Hate Online Ads the Most? [Infographic]
- A Quick Guide to Understanding YouTube Ads [Infographic]