SEMrush recently published its Annual E-Commerce Study, which analyzed 8,000 e-commerce websites across 13 industries.
When reviewing the study results, SEMrush team members found that there are some major misconceptions about pay-per-click (PPC) campaigns, and they went on to create an infographic debunking five false beliefs about PPC:
1. PPC budgets are huge. (Truth: It's not uncommon for a brand to spend less than $1,000 per month.)
2. Bigger discounts in ads equal better results. (OK, this myth was only partially busted. Check out the infographic or report to see the recommendation for your industry.)
3. The desktop is dead for PPC. (Caveat: it depends on your niche.)
4. All ads should contain a CTA. (They don't have to! "Free shipping," for example, is a common and effective ad phrase that is not a CTA.)
5. PPC best-practices are similar for all industries. (But you already knew that wasn't true.)
For details on each of those myths, check out the infographic or the SEMrush Annual E-Commerce Study:
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Advertising:
- Search Advertising Spend Trends for 2023
- Defying the Slowdown: The Rapid Rise of Ad Spend on TikTok
- Is Digital Advertising Really More Effective Than Traditional Advertising?
- Diversity in Video Ads: Gender, Age, and Ethnicity Benchmarks
- Tough Times Ahead: Global Digital Ad Forecast for 2022-2024
- The End of Third-Party Cookies Is a New Beginning for Digital Advertisers: Arsen Avakian on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]