Marketers are great at creating spreadsheets and dashboards and reports that track metrics. But more important than how you're looking at your results is what you're looking at.
We track email open rates, Facebook follows, and customer acquisitions, among many other metrics. Those may help us improve our marketing campaigns, but are they really helping us achieve overall marketing and business goals?
Earlier this year, a MarketingProfs article touched on that issue: "The Top 5 KPIs Marketers Need to Measure (And How to Measure and Improve Them)." The information in that article has now been made into a handy infographic by the team at creative content marketing agency Column Five Media.
The graphic explains how to measure five important KPIs, and it offers tips on how to improve each one.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Use Your Marketing Analytics Smartly
- Attributing Conversions to Campaigns: What Can Attribution Do for Your Marketing?
- How to Measure the ROI of Your B2B Content Marketing Campaigns
- From Data to Actionable Intelligence: How Not to Sabotage Good Data With Bad Reporting
- Measuring Sponsorship ROI: Marketers' Favorite Metrics