Spring is long over, but let's be honest: You should probably be cleaning your office area more frequently than annually anyway, right?
If you need some motivation, consider two facts: Viruses can linger on unclean surfaces, and a cluttered desk may well be reducing your productivity. An infographic by Cleaning Services Group, a cleaning services provider, offers those reasons and more for sprucing up your workspace.
The graphic also outlines the correlation between tidy work spaces and greater productivity, citing a Harvard University experiment that concluded "messy, untidy workplaces can undermine people's persistence in completing tasks, therefor affecting productivity."
By sticking to a cleaning routine and maintaining a neatly organized work space, employees are much more likely to get their best work done and meet work targets.
So if you need a break from actually doing work, tell your boss you're increasing your productivity by cleaning up your desk. Need more reasons to break out the duster? Check out the infographic:
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Career Management:
- 2024 Salary Guide: Pay Forecasts for Marketing, Content, and PR Positions
- Are MBAs Prepared for Emerging Technologies? [Infographic]
- Why Employees Are Hesitant to Ask for a Raise [Infographic]
- The Power of Second Chances in B2B Marketing: Kellie Walenciak on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How CMOs Can Use AI to Make Career-Changing, Strategic Business Impact
- How Well Do Senior Marketers Understand AI?