The marketing landscape is varied and evolving, and there's a lot for marketers to keep up with. This infographic by NCC Home Learning offers statistics about customer preferences, marketing best-practices, marketing budgets, and more—all in one place.
For instance, 93% of online experiences begin with a search engine, the graphic claims; that may get you thinking about how much of your budget is allocated to SEO.
Digital marketing spend continues to grow year to year, whereas traditional advertising spend grew last year for the first time in several years.
And all this matters because there's a digital skills gap, the graphic explains.
There are predicted to be 150,000 digital jobs by 2020 and not enough marketers to fill them. So if you're looking to improve your marketing skills, check out the graphic and see where you can put your knowledge to work.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- Maximizing Your B2B Marketing Budget—Recession Strategies and Tips: Lindsay Boyajian Hagan on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Pros and Cons of Printed Marketing Materials
- Customer Marketing: The Key to Surviving the Economic Downturn
- Industry Foresight: Forecasting the Future of Your Market
- First-Party Data Isn't Enough: You'll Need the Right Data Infrastructure to Derive Value From Your Marketing Data
- The Attention Economy—How Time Affects Your B2B Marketing Efforts: Doug Binder on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]