As marketers, we are constantly testing: button colors, calls to action, timing of messages, and countless other elements of our campaigns.
We may discover what works, but we might not know why a certain campaign does well or a certain test beats all the others.
- The isolation effect: Highlight a single element in a group, such as making your CTA more distinct.
- The anchoring effect: Influence a desired behavior by presenting options in context, such as showing a higher price before, then offering a lower one.
- Social proof: Feature validation from other purchases, which you can do via testimonials or influencers, for example.
- Loss aversion: Show what will be lost if a purchase is not made by using a countdown clock or other urgency-driving device.
- Instant gratification: Minimize steps needed to purchase, offer quickly consumed content, or provide other immediate satisfaction.
- Reciprocity: Get something from a customer (such as an email address) in return for something (such as an e-book).
- Grounded cognition: Show experiences that are relatable, such as offering very tailored content, to get people to connect with it more.
- The primary effect: Arrange information based on a hierarchy to help people recall the most important parts.
- Commitment and consistency: Start with a small commitment from a customer and then build up to bigger ones.
Check out the infographic for more examples of how you can put each tactic to use./p>
Continue reading "How to Use Psychology to Improve Your Digital Marketing Campaigns [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Advertising & Promotions:
- The Target CPA Hype Is Real: A Checklist for Marketers
- How to Reach Families Watching On-Demand Video: Charles Gabriel on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Ad Tech Failed the Middle Market. When Will We Learn?
- B2B US Digital Ad Spend Forecast for 2021-2023
- Entertaining or Excessive? People's Perceptions of Various Ad Channels